Monday, October 5, 2009

Bathroom Reveal

Remember how I mentioned a month ago that the Bathroom Before and After photos would be posted soon? Well, what I have learned since then is that projects go much slower than I anticipate. At first we were only going to paint the bottom half, but once I got the paint on the walls it made me not like the upper half... it figures. And in my mind, I was going to get much more than painting done. For example, I would love to do that spray paint technique on the light fixtures that makes them look like antique bronze, but so far I'm not finding very good instructions on the Internet. If anyone knows how to do that, let me know. Also, we're eventually going to re-tile the floor, but that's way down the road I think. Actually, if we had it our way we'd knock out a wall and expand into one of the bedrooms to create a combination big bathroom and laundry room. Maybe one day... *sigh*.
As a simple disclaimer (and as any of you know who have tried to do a before and after post before), colors do not really show up well on a simple point and shoot digital camera. These posts will be much better and more vibrant once my husband gets me a fancy digital SLR camera for Christmas (hint, hint)! It's never too early to start thinking up ideas, right?
So since this is as finished as the bathroom will be for awhile, we're going to consider it as DONE and move on! So here it is...

Boring and very lame before


Warm and cozy after... and yes, a bathroom should be warm and cozy Afterall, it is visited daily.


And from the other side before... BOOOORRRRING


And after. As dumb as it sounds, my favorite feature is the little cubby hole for the towels. On a whim I painted it, and I love the results


These pictures do the colors no justice. The bottom half is actually a REALLY dark, bright teal (actually, the paint color is literally called "Really Teal" and the top is a khaki color (Sherwin-Williams "Latte")


Next up? The baby's room (and I couldn't be MORE excited to start)!!! But don't expect a post on that one for quite awhile... we have A LOT of work to do!

Needless to say, I am not expecting HGTV to call me anytime in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new bathroom! Can't wait to see the baby's nursery too!
    -Channa

    ReplyDelete