Friday, August 6, 2010

hop-shuffle-step-falap-step-stomp

They say that one man's trash is another man's treasure. Sure enough, as my husband scoured through a rummage sale last weekend, he came upon a bit of a "surprise" for me. As I waited for him to get home I wondered just what silly trinket he had picked up while he was out. I had no clue what to expect, but I can promise you that it wasn't this:
A pair of tap shoes for two dollars???

For those of you who think this may be a strange thing to purchase, he knew that his uber-talented wife took tap lessons for 15 years. Granted, those lessons ended about 15 years ago (heaven help me, how did I get this old??) and since he's known me I've shown very little signs of any sort of coordination, so it was partly a purchase for him to see if I actually knew how to do anything that remotely looked like a tap dance.
And sure enough... I did! It may not have been pretty, and granted I felt pretty rusty trying to pull some old combinations out of my head, but maybe tap dancing is a lot like riding a bike. And with all of these hardwood floors in our house, it's only a matter of time before it all comes back to me.

So yes, from here on out I will be that girl- the one the neighbors talk about as being "strange" because she taps everywhere she goes in her house. But for $2, I have never been happier to be that girl! And to the sellers- you totally undercut yourself... you could've gotten WAY more from this sucker! But thank you for selling your "junk" to my husband. I love them!

2 comments:

  1. I love the image in my head of you tap dancing around the house as you go through your daily chores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you are feeling down, just think of that and it surely will turn your day around. Even I have to admit that I look pretty silly, but I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete