Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to...

My BeFri, Elizabeth! :)


So she may not be family by blood, but this gal is definitely family! August marks the twelfth anniversary of us meeting in Mr. West's class back during our senior year (not that we were seniors twelve years ago... surely not... that can't be right, can it?) and it has been a great eleven so far! I still remember sitting the first day of school... I was the "new girl" in a school where being new was not all that common. Nobody talked to me for three straight periods- nobody. It was horrible. I knew that lunch time was during fourth period and I dreaded it. Lucky for me, I happened to choose a desk right next to Elizabeth and she was nice enough to ask me if I wanted to eat in the senior courtyard with her and her friends. Up until that point I didn't even know there was a senior courtyard. I'm sure had I gone into the cafeteria and done the awkward "new girl stance" as I searched frantically for a table, I would've ended up eating my lunch in a phone booth or a bathroom stall in true DJ Tanner-style. Then again, our school didn't have phone booths so I would have only had one option. Thank you, BeFri, for saving me from that!

Since then we've had too many fun times to count, vacationed together, enjoyed spa days and shopping trips, but honestly probably have the best times when we're doing absolutely nothing. We even have a theory that everything is funnier when laying on your back (discovered while doing crunches together) and all sorts of other random Kim-and-Elizabeth-isms.

I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at her being wonderful and I love her and I wish her all the best in the upcoming year. I can't wait to celebrate with you in person next time we're together!

No comments:

Post a Comment