Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy DOUBLE DIGIT Birthday to...

Our nephew, Kevin!
(Yes, that is a picture of him holding up a garter. Yes, he caught it at my wedding... and then the next wedding we went to. He is a stud. Enough said.)

Oh my, how time flies! It's been TEN YEARS since you were born??? Which points out that it's already been TEN YEARS since I was a sophomore in college??? Yikes! But that's besides the point. (And slightly depressing).

Kev, when you came along we all adored you. Well, we still do. As the first grandson and nephew, you were basically the greatest thing since sliced bread. We all still think that and watching you grow up has been such a joy... you are turning into a smart, witty, athletic, well-behaved young man and we are all so proud of you. It's been a great ten years...

I can still remember the first time I met you. I was scared to death. I think you can probably tell! This photo is weird for me now that I have a son who was that size not that long ago. My how things change!

Here you are, in the same chair that your cousin Adam now sits in. You paved the way for your cousins and I know they'll always look up to you.

I had a tough time deciding which pictures to post, so here are just a few of my favorites through the years...

You've been such a charmer since day one...

And are always fun to take on adventures.

You're also a great conversationalist and love your Uncle Josh

And Minnie Pearl, too, of course.


But most importantly, you're going to be a great cousin to our little Jakey. Get ready... that little dude will be wanting to be just like you before you know it!

Actually, he's already started. I kind of chuckled when I came across this picture today... you with the same dog that Jake takes his picture with every month.

You:
Jake:
Happy birthday, little man and welcome to the double digits. I hope you celebrate being a DECADE old today! We love you so much and wish we were there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I remember how excited you were when he was born. I can't believe it has been ten years!!

    I love the new pics and posts :) Made my day!

    ReplyDelete