Friday, July 9, 2010

As of late...

Here are a few snapshots of what has been happening in Mauneyland lately...
We've been hanging out in front of the fan (and upstairs in our rooms with window units) to beat the heat,

Hanging out with some of our best buddies,

Giving Miss Katie some practice (c'mon Baby Tuck, we want to meet you!),

Cruising around in Josh's new ride (this one is carseat friendly!),

Celebrating America's Birthday,


Making Shake'N Bake (and I helped!),

And just being downright cute.

We've also figured out how to roll front to back AND back to front... it provides hours of entertainment for the little one! Well, that and his feet, which he just loves these days! Hopefully I can take some video soon.

And since I mentioned America's birthday, I thought I would post a few photos from the 4th. As if I didn't love Small Town, Illinois enough as it is, they lined the streets all through town with American flags. I love it. The Midwest really is the heartland of America, and the folks here love our country. My photos don't do it justice, but here is what Main Street looked like last weekend:
We had a pretty low key day, but did manage to make it out to a street fair that was put on by a local church here. There was barbeque, tons of blow-ups to play on, sno cones and cotton candy, face painting, and a visit from the local fire department. We enjoyed strolling around, but I have a feeling that our little one will love this event in the future!





At least he looked festive, even if he was a little bored with it all!


So that's about it from here. We're off to Colorado for a few days... Josh will be preaching at the Crossroads campus out there and hopefully I'll have a little bit more time than usual to blog. We'll see. Regardless, have a great weekend and I will post the link to his sermon as soon as it is online!

No comments:

Post a Comment