Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Wedding Gift Extravaganza!


Well, we've officially unpacked everything, unwrapped everything, and moved in everything (well, almost I think!) and the house looks great! Our kitchen probably received the most help (thankfully) from our wonderful friends and we're fully stocked to throw some GREAT dinner parties now... sounds like a good incentive to be our friends, right? I sure hope so!

Our biggest gift, however, would have to be these two (er, three counting the Ottoman I guess) lovely beauties in the living room! Everyone told us that furniture was tough to buy and it would probably take awhile, but I think they forgot who they were talking to. I mean, c'mon- we got engaged in six weeks and found our house in a DAY... couches? That's a cake decision! But considering that Sterling only has three- count 'em- yes, three furniture stores, we narrowed down our selections quite quickly. They are beautiful and quite comfortable... unfortunately, the dogs agree.
Another good use of our wedding funds... furniture for the screen porch. Now is it just me, or is everything cheaper here in the Midwest? Check out what $198 will get you in Sterling, Illinois!

We thought that the set was mismarked in the store, but it wasn't! Over the years I have grown fond of Target and written off Wal-Mart altogether (although in S.Florida, the demographics of a Wal-Mart are generally quite... um... interesting so who can blame me?) but alas! it has recaptured my heart. That little smiley face really does roll back prices!

But anyway, a big thank you goes out to everyone who who was (too) generous with your gifts. Paper thank-you's will be coming to a mailbox near you soon, but in the meantime, please know that we are overwhelmed and incredibly blessed with all of the love you have shown us. And I must say, it was quite the treat coming home to a pile of presents... it felt just like Christmas! But warmer (which after 5 years in Florida is how it should be!).

1 comment:

  1. You'll be happy to know that I wear my pink robe all the time, too. Thanks so much for this cozy necessity!

    ReplyDelete