Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Labor of Love

It. is. almost. finished.

Remember that first post back in October about starting on the baby room? Never did I imagine then that four months later we'd still be working on it! But after four months, a wall-paper removing disaster (in which we removed the plaster as well), lots of spackle, a new ceiling thanks to my super-handy husband, crown molding installation, several cans of paint, and the search for the perfect furniture, the baby's room is THIS close to being complete! And as much as I would LOVE to share the pictures with you, our shower is this coming Saturday and I want to make sure that it is 100% complete before sharing the reveal. I mean, you've waited this long, right? So what's a couple more days? So instead, I'm just going to share a couple of pictures of this long process. And if you forget what a mess it was to start with, you can see the beautiful mess it was here. And I promise, since you've been so patient, that I will post the "after" pictures after the baby shower. It's worth the wait!

A few things to note here: Being the smart decorator that I am, I painted the walls and then realized that I was supposed to spackle them. Yes, I am a genius. So then I spackled. Then Josh attempted to take down the wallpaper on the ceiling (below) at which time all kinds of glue and gunk ended up on the walls. Needless to say, the walls were painted several times!
Whoops! That looks like more than wallpaper removal

Our lovely hole in the plaster of the ceiling. You just have to love old houses!

And that's how we ended up with a brand new ceiling. Talk about dusty!!!


And just because you're so patient, here are a few little things you can expect to see in the new room. Sorry for the teaser... I couldn't resist!

More to come soon! Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to stop reading your blog because I get teary-eyed every time. Seriously. Not sure what my deal is ;)

    Can't wait to see the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!! We have that hanging monkey too. We call him Marcel. I can't wait to see your shower and nursery pics!

    If you don't read Jessica Turner's blog (www.jessicaturnersblog.blogspot.com) you definitely should. It's my favorite blog all around, but I thought of it here because she was just talking about the trials of stripping wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete