Sunday, May 9, 2010

To Be A Mother...

It's my very first mother's day (I love how I gained a holiday!) and so I thought I would share a few of the insights from my first seven weeks of mommyhood... I'm sure all moms can relate to:
  • Running around like a madwoman when the baby is sleeping, only to find that the baby never sleeps long enough to get what you wanted to get done!
  • Having so many thoughts in your brain that they don't stay in there... on the way to the kitchen I will stop and start about 8 new projects
  • Learning that the body can miraculously run on very little sleep
  • Becoming very unfazed by poop. It goes from "Ew it's on my hand!" to not noticing that it's on your hand until a few hours later.
  • Realizing that showering is completely overrated. As is attempting to go out in public in an outfit that does not have spit-up on it
  • Remembering that you haven't eaten or peed all day and it's now dinnertime
  • Feeling like you've packed for a weekend trip when leaving the house
  • Discovering that you don't remember half of the words to the nursery rhymes you grew up with, so you make them up instead

The list could go on and on and I'm sure I'll do future posts with more discoveries. Most importantly though, my favorite discovery is finding out how much you can love a little person from the start... it's a love that's unexplainable and it makes me appreciate my own mother so much more!

Jacob, thanks for making me a mommy... it's the best "job" I've ever had.

And to all of the moms in my life, thank you for all that you are to me. You are all wonderful, beautiful, strong women who I adore. I would fill this post with pictures if I posted all of you, so here are just the three closest ones in my life. To the rest of you, you know who you are... have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



Now this mama is going to go take a nap! That's the best gift ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment