Monday, November 9, 2009

20 Down, 20 to Go

We have reached the next milestone in Baby Mauney's journey and the little one is halfway here... time sure does fly when we're having fun! The "bump" has not only gotten bigger, but it's getting rounder as well... could that mean a girl you think? And I'm officially trading in my jeans for good ol' stretch maternity pants from here on out!

I looked back on the 17 week picture today (which by the way, may or may not have actually been the 16 week picture since we're a little confused about our count... and if that's the case, perhaps I was a little big for 16!) and oh yes, it's definitely way more out there already. Seeing these pictures makes it really hard to believe that I still have 20 more weeks to grow! Tomorrow we'll find out how much I've gained since that last appointment, as well as whether we need to stock up on pink or blue, so it's an incredibly exciting week for us here in Mauneyland! We've been counting down to that day for awhile now.

As for the classic "how are you feeling?" question, everything has been pretty smooth sailing so far. If I wasn't growing around the middle, I probably wouldn't even know that I was pregnant! My energy is still good for the most part, bed time has gotten a little bit earlier, and aside from one day of bad heartburn (the baby has hair!), I feel great. I am still eating any dairy product I can get my hands on, but thank goodness the Italian food phase has passed! I did have two days in a row, however, that I just knew that if I didn't have an Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar sandwich RIGHT THIS MINUTE, someone was going to get hurt. Thankfully, I have the world's greatest husband and he made it happen. There may not be much in this town, but thank goodness there's an Arby's! And believe it or not, despite the belly, I'm still waking up on my stomach. I only hope that I'm not squashing the poor little one!

As for the status of the little one's room... well, let's just say that it's still a work in progress. After putting one coat of paint on most of the walls, I was informed that my spackle job was not really done properly *sigh*. So we're moving slow, but getting there nonetheless. Thankfully we still have plenty of time.

So that's about it for baby news these days! I am sure there will be a post at some point tomorrow, but please be patient as our appointment is in the afternoon and then we have some phone calls to make. We promise to share the news with our Mauneyland readers as soon as we can, and by then, most of you will already know anyway! Even though I've been feeling boy since day one, I'm can't say I'm so sure anymore. Maybe it's the reality of actually finding out, but my confidence in that prediction is non-existent. Josh, on the other hand, is 100% convinced it's a little girl, and thankfully he's coming to terms that he can handle that news! Either way, we're both going to be so thrilled. But more than anything, we are just praying for a healthy baby tomorrow... ten fingers and ten toes with no health concerns. And no matter what we find out, that child will be perfect, just as God intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment