Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An Expanding Family...

Before you freak out, it's NOT what you think! This past weekend we headed up to Ohio for my cousin Hillary's wedding and welcomed Brian into the family. My sisters and I were only blessed with 4 cousins growing up, so we have always been fortunate to be close with them and are so incredibly happy that Hillary found a perfect match for her. The two of them are two of the most kind-hearted, warm people that I have ever had the privilege of knowing and they are going to be a blessing to all who know them. Josh and I drove through 7 hours of non-stop rain (including 2 hours of torrential downpour!), but it was well worth it. We spent 2 days hanging out with the family, attending a beautiful ceremony, dancing (but mostly spectating) the night away at the reception, laughing as the boys went out on a midnight reconnaissance mission (long story... but trust me, it's hilarious!), eating LOTS of yummy food courtesy of Aunt Karen, and just enjoying each other's company. Whenever I'm having a "bad day", I just smile and remember how blessed I am to be a part of this amazing family, to have a husband who loves me unconditionally, and people I can lean on no matter what. So congratulations to the Haddix's... and welcome to the family, Brian!

Oh, and to follow up on the last post, the dogs survived the Chuck Wagon, Illinois. But only in Small Town, Illinois can the owners trust you enough to let you leave your dogs with them after only collecting your name and phone number. Then on top of that allow you to go into the kennel after hours, leave a check on the clip board for the appropriate amount, and depart with only the animal(s) you left with. Oh the small town life... gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment