Saturday, August 31, 2013

It Never Gets Old

About three to four times a year, our church does baptisms as a part of our Sunday morning service. We never usually let people know that they're coming, so many people do know in advance, but more often then not, it comes as a surprise to many. We do not do sign-ups, so we never know who will make that decision come Sunday morning, or how many (if any) we'll have. We've always left that up to be decided by that person and God, and without fail, God always delivers. Last weekend was no exception as we saw TWENTY-NINE people step into the waters of baptism! All I can say is WOW... there are no other words to describe an experience like that. I was happy to have my sister visiting for the weekend, and she had been looking forward to seeing this for weeks, and it did not disappoint. I looked over and she laughing, crying, and smiling all the way through... so much emotion felt for people she didn't even know... but they are all family as brothers and sisters in Christ. I was going to write up a synopsis on "Why Water Baptisms" to go along with this, but when I read back on my own experience, I realized that I couldn't really give a better explanation than I did in that post, so if you want more background as to why we do water baptisms, you can read that by clicking HERE.

But enough about that... as I said, words don't do it justice, so in case you missed it on Facebook, here is the video of another amazing day in the life of TurningPoint Church:

https://vimeo.com/73219925?email_id=Y2xpcF90cmFuc2NvZGVkfDg2MzRjNzBhYWYxYjlhMTViNjYzNWM5NjIwMjI4NjM5ODUzfDM2MTA0ODl8MTM3NzYxNDUzNQ%3D%3D&utm_campaign=7701&utm_medium=clip-transcode_complete-finished-20120100&utm_source=email

No comments:

Post a Comment