Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thirty-Two Again

Guess who has a birthday today? Yup, that's right... it's yours truly!
 
And guess who will finally be telling people that she's the correct age? Right again! It's yours truly!
 
Getting older might be tough for some people, but considering that thirty-one just never seemed to stick and I've been saying that I'm thirty-two for an entire year now, I think this one is pretty easy to swallow. Besides, thirty-two treated me very kind the first time around, so I'm looking forward to another great year.
 
Hmmm... I wonder if I can get away with just being thirty-two from here on out?
 
And just for fun, here are a few people who also celebrate this day every year:
Muhammad Ali, Jim Carrey, Benjamin Franklin, Kid Rock, Andy Kaufman, James Earl Jones, Michelle Obama, Betty White, Al Capone, David Caruso, Zooey Deschanel, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, Anne Bronte, Benjamin Franklin
 
Pretty impressive list, eh? Me thinks I am happy to be amongst that company... both the famous and infamous!
 
 
And even though I don't believe in astrology and horoscopes, I think it's always fun/funny to check them out on your birthday:
 
"You are likely to be on top of your game this year for the most part, and positive connections with others can be made fairly easily. A comfortable level of personal popularity helps keep conflict to a minimum. With the ability to handle your emotions successfully, there will be less stress on both your mind and body. Your self-confidence and positive attitude will reward you!
 
You certainly have a voice this year, and learning comes more quickly to you. You have a lot to do in the period ahead. At times, you may feel like the pace of your life is running ahead of you. You can be especially productive, however, in all types of communications--writing, speaking, learning, teaching, and so forth.
 
Try to relax your need for control. In fact, you may be able to take a relationship to a whole other level. You'll have a chance to heal old wounds with regards to love this year. You're also bound to find new ways of making money. This aspect can also suggest making a large purchase or payment and having to adjust your spending as a result. Certain elements of your social life and financial life are stabilized, secured, and more reliable this year.  Support from older people or authority figures may come by way of solid advice or more tangible help. Renewed ties to old friends are possible, or a new sense of responsibility in existing friendships, are also highly likely.
 
This is an excellent year for making significant headway on a creative project. Romance is also in high focus this year. Love is exciting and intense, but you will need to relax your desire for control. The need to make changes in your social life and with your finances becomes clear."


Small confession: I may have read a few different ones and picked my favorite! Again, I don't really buy into horoscopes, as I know that my faith is in God alone and it's all in His control and His wonderful plan, but why not pick the most favorable one, right?? Haha. At any rate, I have to say that so far I've loved my thirties and look forward to taking on some new projects and roles again this year! Here's to celebrating thirty-two "again"!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I got confused about my age for the first few years Matt and I were married, because he's nine months older than me, so after he turned a new age, I kept saying I was his age, accidentally. I think I've got it now...

    And that's interesting Jim Carrey and Andy Kauffman share a birthday, since one played the other. Cool. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!! Glad I'm not the only one who can't remember my age. You sure share a b-day with a wide range of people...Al Capone, Anne Bronte, Ben Franklin...funny!! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete