Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mama's Month

Can you believe it's May already?  Sheesh!  Time flies even faster when you have multiple kids I think.  We're going to have to stop making them if it speeds up this exponentially with each one!  But as I flipped the calendar to May 1st this morning I was reminded that this is Mama's Month... and Mother's Day is right around the corner.  As I mentioned last week, I thought it might be fun to do some mom-related posts with some of my blogging friends to compare notes.  I love when bloggers post on the same topic because I find reading the different opinions, advice, etc. to be so interesting in how they are the same and how they are different.  Soooo... I thought that I'd dedicate Tuesday in May to all things mom-related... join up if you want!  Here are my planned topics:


8th - The Essential Diaper Bag - I had such a hard time picking one and have been through 3, so this I find interesting.  What does yours have to have?  What do you carry?  Do you like it or do you wish you had something different?  This post will run before Mother's Day, so it could be a perfect opportunity to drop a hint or two!

15th - Your Top 5 Favorite Baby Gear Items...what can't you live without (or you could, but these things make life soooo much easier!) and your Top 5 Wastes of Money.  Yes, it's hard to narrow it down to 5, but that's what makes it interesting.

22nd - Maternity Leave Survival Guide... what helped keep your sanity?  What advice would you give to other new moms?  How did you handle visitors and out of town company?  And how did you prepare and cope with going back to work?

29th - The Best Part(s) About Being a Mom.  I figure we need one sappy-post opportunity.  I know we could all write on this one for days, but with such a broad subject, it could make for some really great reading.

If you've already done a similar post in the past, feel free to link that particular post to mine, even if it was written awhile ago.  I hope you'll join me in this since this by far is my favorite topic.  Plus, we could help out new moms and future moms in the process!  Can't wait to hear about it next week!

1 comment: