Sunday, October 2, 2011

In Case You Hadn't Heard...

She's finally here!




Lillian Joy arrived at 1:29 PM on Monday, September 26th... 8 pounds, 6 ounces (smaller than her brother- yay!) and 20 1/2 inches long.  To say that I am over the moon in love would be the understatement of the year.  My blogging has taken the backseat, not because I'm so overwhelmed by having 2 kids, but because I can't stop staring at her.  I literally get nothing done because all I want to do is hold my sweet girl all day long... which sums up this past week.

This week I do plan to sit down and write out her birth story, although I probably shouldn't post it for fear of being beat up based on how darn easy it was.  But I know my readers and there are at least three of you that love those gory details- you know who you are!  I have tons of pictures from the labor and delivery, too, so perhaps I'll post some of the more appropriate ones!  I wish that labor and delivery experience on every woman- hands down!

So far Jake has taken the transition so very well and we could not be happier about it.  He pretty much forgets she's around and then lights up and says "Baby!" when he hears or sees her.  Sometimes he even does the sign language sign along with it, which is super cute.  He doesn't really want to touch her, except for her toes when we ask him where they are, but he'll climb up and sit next to us from time to time.  The most difficult thing for me right now is that I'm not supposed to lift him, so he gets pretty upset when I don't pick him up when he needs me.  It's heart-breaking, but should only last a couple more days.  All in all, he's been amazing, but we have noticed that he has become a bit more dramatic (and funny) and we're not sure if it's his way of making sure he still gets attention.  And the only time he has shown any sign of jealousy was when our nephew, Kevin, was holding the baby.  Kevin is his hero and he not only gave Kevin a look that showed how disgusted he was with the whole event, but he also dropped to the ground and rolled onto his back... it really sent him into a depression!  He's too funny.



We were welcomed home on Wednesday and the whole family came by to see and hold Miss Lillian.  We feel so truly blessed to have everyone nearby now.


So all is beyond well here.  Having two is not quite as overwhelming as I thought it would be (yet) but I think it's because Lillian has been such an easy baby thus far.  She would probably sleep through the night if I let her, but I try to wake her for feedings.  Jake is by far the bigger handful of the two, so not a whole lot has changed.  I am so very thankful that God balanced the scales a little bit by giving me a sweet, calm, mellow girl after my rambunctious, full of energy, crazy boy.  I could not be more in love with the two of them... God is oh so good!

That's all I've got for now... I'm off to go cuddle that sweet girl before we go to bed.  Because seriously, who can resist this sweet face?


Goodnight!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you, and so happy that everything went so well!!! I can't wait to hear the story! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your family! She is a cutie pie! You will love having a baby girl!! They are so much fun! Here is hoping we have a mellow girl or boy next as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guilty (for being one of the gory-detail people :)). I LOVE HER! She is so beautiful, just like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kim! She's precious, and you looked gorgeous in your after-delivery pics. Let's see if you're saying how easy having 2 kids after another month :)

    ReplyDelete