Thursday, November 18, 2010

7 Things I Am Thankful For...

One of my oldest friends, Maury, did this over on her blog and I thought it was a great idea. She started by saying:

I'll be doing a post a day until Thanksgiving about something I am very grateful for. Why don't we make this fun and you do it, too.

Today, even though you're probably tired of hearing about him, I am so very thankful for my husband.
There is nobody that I know that works harder, challenges me more, or inspires me to be a better person other than him. As a pastor he provides council to many hurt and broken people, but does not take it home with him. Instead, he somehow finds a way to tuck all that away so that he can be at his best when he's here. If it were up to him, we would go bankrupt from giving all of our money and possessions away, but his wife won't let him! :) And of course, my love for him grows everyday watching him be a dad to our little Jakie.

I realize that I could fill my 7 days with just about every person in my family... I have great parents and in-laws, great sisters, and an awesome extended network of grandparents, aunts, and uncles. I know that they are truly blessings in my life and I do want to acknowledge them even if they all don't get their own posts. I'd like to take the next 6 days instead to really dig deep and find the blessings that are outside of this special group of people, so please know that you are counted among the best of what I am thankful for. With that being said, however, chances are that my little Jakie will probably get a post of his own... I can't resist.

So with 7 days until Thanksgiving, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment