Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Project 365: August 29 - September 4, 2010

So I'm still not completely on top of this whole Project365 thing, but at least I have a post this week even if it's not every day. It's progress. And don't judge me that some of these pictures are not even from this week and that on 2 days I couldn't pick just 1 picture. It's my project, so I can do it how I want it. Right? Right??? Work with me here, people.

Sunday, August 29th... Actually, I have no photo for this day, but I have two from the previous Friday (8/27). Again, it's my project so I'll do it my way.

We took a family trip to the Home Depot. It was Jake's first time riding in the seat of the cart as well as his first (and probably last) time in his cute little boots. Looks like our little beefcake is already outgrowing his size 3 shoes!

{Sony Cybershot}


Monday, September 30th... Jake loves his new swing that Daddy bought for him! I was only going to post the second picture (what is it with me and pictures of his fee today?) but I loved his face in this first one so much that I just couldn't leave it out. Again, 2 pictures... and again, I know that's breaking the "rules." I think I just threw the rule book out the window.

{Nikon D3000: ISO 400, 18mm, F/4.5, 1/320s}

{Nikon D3000: ISO 400, 42mm, F/5.3, 1/200s}... LOVE this!

Tuesday, August 31st - A sweet family from church gave us a bike and a trailer like the one we used when we were out in Colorado. This time we tried it without the car seat. He's still a little too small, but we took a short ride and he seemed to like it alright. It's a nice alternative to walks in the stroller and next year we'll be able to take this one with us when we go to Colorado.
{Sony Cybershot}
Wednesday, September 1st - A beautiful butterfly was stuck in our kitchen all morning. I tried to shoo it out, but it just fluttered around this window. I had lots of fun taking many (good and bad) photos and trying out some tricks.

{Nikon D3000: ISO 400, 55mm, F/5.6, 1/30s}


Hmmm... apparently after Wednesday I just totally forgot to take any pictures. Oh well. At least I had a couple of days with double doses to make up for it and at least I did a post this week. Hopefully I'll improve, but I am enjoying the fact that this makes me unload my pictures every week and file them. I need to move them all to a thumb drive by date and start on a book for Jake. He's going to be SIX MONTHS OLD next week... where does the time go??? On an exciting (for me) note, I'm signing up to take a Photoshop class at the community college here. It's only the basics, but it's long overdue since I'm not smart enough to figure out all of the effects myself, which is rare for me and a computer program. I'm still not going to edit any of my Project365 pictures, but hopefully I'll be able to use some of the things I learn to make my photography even better. So far it's probably the favorite hobby that I've ever decided to pick up... especially now that I have such a cute subject available everyday!

2 comments:

  1. I gotta say that I'm intrigued by this... Just might have to try it for myself. ;0) Jake is so cute Kim! Love to y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still working on being more consistent with my photo-taking. I just forget! Hopefully it will eventually become kind of like a habit and like I said, I love that it makes me upload my pictures on a weekly basis! Miss you, too! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete