Thursday, June 6, 2013

At The Old Ball Game

Between the University of Kentucky, our minor-league team (the Legends), and my two nephews who play several times a week, we have many opportunities to go spend a day or an evening at the ball park. Although I am not the biggest fan of the sport (mainly because I have a very short attention span and get distracted easily... and I wonder where my daughter gets it from!), I do enjoy it from a social aspect. I feel like I can sit and chat with friends or chase my kids and really not miss too much, which is hard to say for any other sport. Well, except maybe golf, but my kids most certainly would not be able to run around there like they can at the ball park! Regardless of whether we watch it or not, Jake and Lilly really seem to enjoy that environment every time we go. Jake usually plays in the dirt or runs up and down the hills, but will watch his two big cousins when they're up at bat. Recently, at a UK game, he spent 3/4 of the game talking to a girl who looked to be about a freshman in college. She told me that she didn't mind, and I truly think she might have been Jake's first little crush. He brought over some popcorn, tried to read the program to her, and mostly just chatted her ear off even though I doubt she made sense of most of it. If you're not around Jake a lot, you don't always catch what he's saying in his little language mixed with English. It was too cute for words. Lilly, on the other hand, is totally content sitting in the fresh air and eating stadium food- yes, she is definitely my child!






It's still early in the season, but I'd say my kids already fit right in. Because in true surprising Lilly fashion, she has already learned the delicate art of properly eating sunflower seeds, taught to her by her Aunt Angie:



We've taught them well. No matter where you go in life, at least look like you know what you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment