Monday, January 9, 2012

A Good Year

2011 was so good to us...

We rang in the new year with one of our favorite families



We played in more snow than we knew what to do with!


And Jake mastered the art of walking running 

We visited good friends and saw PawPaw on a trip to Colorado



And had our first "real" haircut

 Jake made an announcement for us, even though we had known since January

 and we set eyes on our sweet peanut for the first time

Jake accompanied me on a business trip to Florida where he got plenty of playtime with his cousin, Adam (check out the hammocks on our boy!)

And came home just in time to celebrate his first birthday


We had a great Easter with great friends... and an epic Easter egg hunt




And found out that we were having a GIRL!

 Josh was officially ordained... such a proud day for me

We decided to make Josh's dream a reality and move to Kentucky, so we had to say goodbye to so many people we love in Small Town, Illinois.


 We took a trip to New York to say goodbye to my sweet Nana


And spent an awesome day visiting West Point (my birthplace)


We even had time to squeeze in a pit stop to see these crazy kids again on our drive to Kentucky.

Jake ran his first race... epic fail... but so very funny.  Don't worry, buddy, you'll get 'em next year!

And I just kept growing... and growing... and growing...

But it was worth it when we welcomed 8 lbs, 6 oz. of pure sweetness

 Welcome to the world, Lillian Joy!


We took some much needed time off to get to know our sweet pea

 And Jake experienced the joys of trick-or-treating for the first time


Cousin Skye came to visit so the girls could meet for the first time

And then we got to see her again when we visited the whole clan for Thanksgiving

We picked out another perfect Christmas tree

And had some extra help decorating this year

And had one terrific Christmas in Mauneyland

Just looking back on these pictures and posts makes me realize that I have no reason to ever complain.  I have a family that loves me and get to spend every day with my three favorite people.  I turned 30 in 2011 and I must say, so far, the thirties are awesome, and with so much to look forward to in 2012, I think I'll be able to say that again at the end of 2012.

So here's to the upcoming year - new milestones for both babies, the launch of TurningPoint Church in February, being around family more, running races again, and tons of happiness.  It's going to be a good one... I just know it.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww love your run through the year..... :) Love your precious family!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete