Friday, June 3, 2011

One Man's Junk...

With an impending move, we decided that it was time to purge some of the junk stuff from our house.  Plus, I am definitely nesting (as was evident to me after I found myself cleaning the inside of our outside garbage cans today) so the timing could not be better.  Never have I been so excited to clean out closets, dressers, and other nooks and crannies and just get rid of stuff!  Thankfully, my friend Katie is a garage sale veteran (shopping at them, not having one) so I pretty much leaned on her for tips, pricing, and expertise.  She brought her stuff over the day before and together we set up the tables and racks and priced everything in the garage.  The next morning we just pulled everything out and voila- we had a sale!  We thought it looked pretty good!



Oh, and we did have some extra help that day, too.  

Like I said, she was the expert and definitely made keeping track of who-sold-what very easy.  Whenever someone purchased something, we would take the tape off of the item and stick it to a piece of paper with our names on top of it.  At the end of the sale we tallied up the totals and gave ourselves the pay-out.  Pretty simple, yet ingenious.

Neither one of us came away all that rich, but a few wonderful things did come out of it.  For one, everything that did not sell went straight into the car and over to Goodwill.  I believe it amounted to about seven bags of clothes, dishes, etc.  But most importantly, Josh allowed me to sell his Chuck Norris poster.  We priced it for a whopping four dollars (which is pretty pricey at a garage sale) and you know what?  It was one of the first items we sold!  Like they say, one man's junk truly is the bain of another wife's existence!

No comments:

Post a Comment