Saturday, April 9, 2011

My "To Done" List

Wow, airing out what a slacker I have been lately really seemed to get me going!  Seriously, it has done wonders for my motivation these last couple of days!  Now I think I understand why some people blog incessantly about working out or crafting... perhaps it helps keep them accountable, thus making them more productive.  The strange thing is that while I was doing things that were on my list from my post about this, I also started getting things done that I didn't even realize I had to do!  Granted, I still have a long way to go and I know that the list will grow before it gets shorter, but here is what I have accomplished:

  • Curtains for the office / playroom: ORDERED!  And the best part?  I found a random JC Penney gift card in my desk (see what you might find when you clean?), which not only paid for the curtains, but half of my sister's birthday gift, too.  As a sidenote, if you're ever looking for window treatments, JC Penney has an awesome selection.  Just FYI.
  • Which brings me to my sister's birthday gifts... both IN THE MAIL!  Go me!  Both sisters should be receiving their belated birthday gifts early next week.  And my Nana's card?  On the way, too!
  • I have taken pictures (almost) everyday this week in order to start back up with Project365
  • Although I have no plans to start back up on P90X anytime soon- especially with le bebe on the way- I did go for a walk on Thursday and a walk/run (more walking than running mind you) today.  I plan to get up early 2 mornings this week and go to the gym... now that it's on the blog I have to do it, right?  Right???
  • And here's all of the random stuff that wasn't on the blog that got done: the bag of clothes that has been sitting on our bedroom floor for ages is now at Goodwill, the old Comcast boxes (we briefly switched and have since decided to stick with DirecTV) were disconnected and returned to the Comcast payment center, I wrote all of the thank-you notes for Jake's birthday and will hand them out at church this weekend, and I took all of Josh's old photos out of the box they were in, organized them, and put them into an album... a surprise that he loved!
He was out of town last week which I sometimes think is helpful for getting things accomplished.  I don't feel like I am missing out on spending time with him to get some of this stuff done instead.  And his dad is coming into town this week so I'm hoping some of those home-improvement related items will get knocked off the list while I have some extra help with Jake.

So here's what I think... post all of those half-done projects on your blog and see if it helps you get the motivation to turn your "To Do" list into a "To Done" list!  Next up on mine?  Organize Jake's photos and get his baby and year one books finished.  This one may take awhile, but I'll never finish if I don't get started, right?

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I am as brave as you to air all of my "not done" things. Nor do I have time to list them because my list is a lot longer than yours. (see me making excuses? LOL) On another topic, your Salamander Pajamas post had me crying! So bittersweet...how cool that Jake has those P.J.'s to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, Kim! My to-do list is never-ending too, but I at least got my taxes filed tonight, and so I feel good about that. I also keep *saying* I'm going to get up and work out early and that has yet to happen... so maybe we can hold each other accountable- ha!

    PS- congrats on baby #2- I don't think I ever posted a comment because I mostly silently lurk and catch up with blogs every so often, but I am very excited for you guys.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete