Monday, February 14, 2011

My Funny Valentine...


He can make me laugh in any situation... even when I desperately try not to laugh at his antics.  A funny accent, a silly phrase, or his signature dance with his tongue out can always turn my day around.  He takes out the garbage and the recycling because he knows I hate it.  He gets excited about some pretty weird stuff, but I think it's cute.  If he sits still for too long, he will go crazy.  He could eat tacos and frozen pizza with ranch dressing every night and be perfectly okay with that.  Although right now he's on a bit of a salad with popcorn chicken kick.  Even though he gets up at the crack of dawn to fit more into his day, he never makes me feel bad about having my lazy mornings.  He challenges me to learn everyday, take part in more activities, and take ownership of things that I am passionate about.  He is a fantastic father to our son and someone that our son thinks is the coolest person on earth.  Hearing the two of them say, "Jakie"... "Dada" in voices that mock one another makes my heart soar, even from the other side of the house.

I still don't know how I got so lucky, but with this man beside me I am constantly reminded of how good our God is.  Only God could put the two of us together at just the right time to make it work so well.  So even though we don't really do Valentine's Day, I am sending my digital valentine to him today, because he deserves it.

Happy Valentine's Day to my perfect match... thank you for loving me the way you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment