Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to...

My Big Sister, Angie! With all of these birthdays in a row I am going to have to start coming up with creative titles instead of using the same one over and over again!

But anyway, I realize that I have 2 big sisters, but as the eldest (ha!) I've always looked up to Angie in so many ways. She was always the "cool" sister (no offense, Mindy) and played sports, had neat friends, and was just a lot of fun to be around. Yep, I spent most of my young life wanting to be just like her, and in many ways, I still think that's true. Afterall, she's now an awesome mom who does a great job raising her kids, still manages to do stuff for herself such as playing on various softball leagues and spending lots of time with friends, and finds happiness no matter what the situation or circumstance. She's pretty special that one. My favorite thing about her though is when she starts laughing so hard that she just can't stop, which makes everyone else laugh, too. Tears will be rolling down her face and she'll complain that her "cheeks hurt," and it is always contagious. I have so many memories of these moments, but for the life of me I can rarely remember how we started laughing in the first place. So happy birthday, sis, and thanks for...


Being the best Matron of Honor a gal could ask for,
Giving great advice and always being a good listener,

Producing two of the cutest, silliest, most fun boys that we have the privilege of being an aunt and uncle to,

Being up for anything, not matter how wacky the idea,


And as I mentioned, before... always making me laugh. So as a gift to you, I am going to post a picture that I know will make HER laugh even though it pains me to do so. You see, a few years back I went camping with her family and was in charge of being the s'more artist. The boys would bring me their marshmallows and I would sandwich them between the graham cracker and the chocolate. I tried to play it off that I wasn't sampling in between, but the next day when we looked at the photos in the daylight, the evidence proved otherwise.

So I hope that makes you smile today, Angie. You deserve it! We love you so much and will see you next week!

Which remind me... the next birthday post that I will get to do will be for our Little Baby Jake... due any day now! I certainly look forward to that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment